Saturday 20 October 2012

Hope (Marvel Legends)

Marvel Legends Hope
Hope Summers a.k.a. "The Mutant Messiah" is one of the main characters, and the center of the story of the comicbook series, Avengers vs. X-men. She is the adopted daughter of the mutant-cyborg, Cable. Hope is believed to be the first mutant born after the Scarlet Witch decimated the mutant population on the face of the earth (with only 198 mutants left) using her probability-altering powers. So there's our brief background on Hope, and I honestly have limited knowledge about her since I hadn't followed the House of M series, but thanks to Wikipedia I know basically who she is.
















But the whole story of the Avengers vs. X-men, that I know! I have read this 12-issue comic book since April this year and I wasn't too impressed with the storyline.

This action figure comes with a big futuristic gun, something like the one she's holding in this cut out here. Now, I lost that gun somewhere in my room but I don't like the design of that gun anyways, and that I'd rather have Hope wield Mystique's assault rifle cause it's more kick-ass.















The articulation and, especially, the body mold is the same as the Marvel Legends Madame Hydra and Mystique. No articulation to the hips, and just limited movement to the head because of that hair and that thing around her neck and back.


Hope, being a tall figure is a little odd the fact that she's a teenager and suppose to be standing a little shorter than the Marvel Legends Mystique. When compared to the Toy Biz Cyclops, they are almost of the same height, and as what I've observed, she isn't really compatible with other Toy Biz Marvel Legends, or even that from Hasbro.

"Take that you sick bastard!"

If you're collecting the Terrax BAF pieces to build "Terrax," then I think you gotta get Hope cause she have his head and axe weapon. This figure is not the best though but it's pretty looking. You'll love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment