Wednesday 7 November 2012

U.S. Agent (Marvel Legends)


I really care less about how the United States government will be running their country for another 3 years of Obama, but I'm glad with the success of the election... and the result! America has once again inspired other nations and countries around the world from this success. And from that, in return I will be showing you this dude here that may probably resemble America's glory. I could have used a more prominent character like Captain America to do this, but unfortunately I've already showed that guy couple months ago. So... yeah, it is gonna be U.S. Agent!














Unlike Cap, one thing you'll notice right away is that U.S. Agent bares the American flag colours except one- the blue. Now this figure may not seem to be "America-like" for baring such colours like the red, white, and black, but I find it pretty neat and sophisticated, and I guess this figure is actually more resembling than Cap because America is supposed to be a nation of diversity! Also, I don't care if an action figure dress odd and silly as long as it's based from the comic book.



U.S. Agent is part of Wave 3 Marvel Legends by Hasbro. He came with Punisher and Doctor Doom and the rest. He has same height as the Punisher; standing 6'4" I believe, and got same body sculpt as Bucky Cap from Wave 2. Just the head sculpt is different- he looked grumpier as he seems!


As for articulation, he's got ball-jointed head, double-jointed elbows and knees, waist swivel, ab-crunch, and that lovely ankle pivot. One thing I don't like though is that you can't rotate the cuff part on his forearm. I think it's more preferable to have both rotation under the cuff part and the wrist.



 
This guy comes with a handgun and a Bowie knife. Like the ML Steve Rogers, there are no holsters to hold the weapons, which is kind of a bummer! Although you can just have him hold the gun and the shield, and take the gun away if you want him to switch to a knife, but it just demerits the playability. And just to point out- holsters can actually add art and beauty to any comicbook-based action figures known to carry guns and other weapons. So that's just sort of my philosophy.
















This figure actually looks pretty good on the shelf. I have less complain about it, which is good. I would vote for U.S. Agent over the Steve Rogers (Marvel Legends- Wave 1) if the two clash together between who's got better feature and poseability. Likewise, I highly recommend him over Steve Rogers.








1 comment:

  1. The paint apps on these figures are just amazing!That is one chunky shield!

    ReplyDelete