Saturday 24 November 2012

Hulk - Face Off (Marvel Legends)

Marvel Legends Face-Off Hulk
Now this, in my opinion, is the "Perfect Hulk" but it's quite distasteful that he comes with the Leader in this Two-Pack: Face Off Series. Like, I only want the Hulk you know? So you can either individually buy this action figure cheap but loose, or with that archenemy of his (that some people doesn't care about) along with its nice packaging and pricey tag. Either way, you may be amazed not only because of the perfect sculpt this Hulk got, but also you can get this big guy to SMASH! It's a smashing Hulk! ...and we'll get to that later.
















Toy Biz did an amazing sculpt on his entire head. You can see he is one angry beast! I don't like the Avengers movie action figure Hulk because he looks kinda anemic; it just lacks rage and power. Now the Series 9 Hulk, also made by Toy Biz, is a good figure to have in your collection considering the fact that it has a classic touch- the square-head ala-Frankenstein face. However, if I'm gonna be assembling an entire Avengers team, I prefer this guy over the classic type. I think the head sculpt is the main reason why I like this guy.



And lets not ignore Hulk's monstrous body. Everything from his torso to his arms and legs is well proportionate. I know some Hulk figures have arm lengths that goes right down to the knees, some got short legs while some need beefing up, but this one here doesn't give you that odd feel. One of the little complaints I have with this guy though are those shimmering holes that fasten the joints on his elbows, knees and ankles. I wish Toy Biz did a better job covering it, but it's no big deal.















Like I've mentioned just awhile back, this is a smashing Hulk having just enough articulation to get this Green Goliath to grip, bash, crush, stomp, pound and pulverize! Have him lift a rock, break an iron bar, or punch a hole on the ground- just do as you please. Another complaint I have with this guy is that open palm on his right hand, how I wish it would be just a punching hand. But with this open palm, I can actually have him do like what he did in the Avengers movie when he "high fived" an alien air unit.

WHAKOOOM
This Hulk got ankle pivots, single-jointed elbows and knees, finger articulation, toe articulation, ball-jointed head and waist swivel. I don't mind not giving him the ab crunch cause he is perfectly fine with his given articulation, and having it may destroy the definition of his body ...so I'm cool with it.
 
I definitely would recommend this Hulk, either get him loose or brand new. He is in perfect scale with most Marvel Legends action figures and some Selects. I wish I have that BAF Red Hulk (by Hasbro) so I can give you a really good size comparison between the two figures from different toylines. Overall, I got no regrets getting this guy.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I sooo want this Hulk figure!I have the Legends series 1 version and I can't stand the dopey looking face they gave him.This is the perfect Hulk ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O yeah... the ML Series 1 Hulk (I forgot to mention that guy), that too got a really interesting head sculpt. There are alot of crazy sellers on Ebay that jack up the price on this Hulk knowing the rarity and "hotness" of this figure. I was lucky I got him at a reasonable price.

      Delete
  2. Like your photos and I believe you have a lot of fun when reviewing the figures..Nice action poses!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's true, I'm just having fun.:)

      Delete